What do you wish for your child?
Do you wish for your child to become a better communicator? To experience life to their fullest potential? To interact in meaningful ways with those around them? LiveSpeakLove was established with a philosphy that values all of these dreams. My goal is to help your child Live, Speak and Love to their fullest potential.
What do I believe?
I believe that therapy involves more than just treating a delay or disorder. Effective therapy should focus on the whole child, incorporating what makes them curious, motivated or grinning in delight. I use visual, auditory, tactile and kinesthetic approaches to engage your child in fun, meaningful activities.
I believe that therapy should be child-directed and goal-oriented, individualized to include personal interests. Therapy activities are designed to provide engaging, play-based experiences your child will love. Materials, themes, technology, toys and crafts are selected to peak your child’s interest, motivating them to take an active role in the therapy process.
I believe that therapy includes more than just the child. Parents and caregivers are an integral part of a child’s overall success. At LiveSpeakLove, parents and other family members may be included in therapy. In addition, all therapy sessions include time for consultation to answer questions, provide feedback about progress, and demonstrate useful techniques or activities that can be reinforced in the home.
What services do I offer?
Services available from LiveSpeakLove include:
- Comprehensive, diagnostic speech and language assessments
- Individual therapy in the child’s natural environment or alternate setting
- Group therapy sessions
- Consultation to provide therapeutic and educational recommendations
- Second opinion consultations regarding IEPs and implementation of special education services
- Training with parents, teachers, caregivers and extended family
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) evaluations, consultations and recommendations
- Professional development/Presentations for your school, church or other organization
Please take a few minutes to explore this site and learn about my experience, therapy style, fees and policies. Don’t forget to check out the LiveSpeakLove Blog for creative ideas, resources and information regarding speech-language therapy.
Looking for my Speech-Language Blog? Check out the links at the top or click here:
Feel free to contact me at any time with questions. I look forward to seeing how I can help your child!